PREPARING YOUR LISTING FOR A SHOOT
If you’re spending the money for professional photos, video, or 3D, hopefully you’re planning to post the content online. But that also brings privacy and security concerns. Ask your sellers to pack up anything – such as firearms, expensive artwork or collectibles, and photos of children – that might attract thieves or other dubious visitors.
- Proper lighting is key to great professional photos, video, and 3D. Make sure all the home’s light fixtures are working, and replace any burned-out bulbs.
- Call the homeowners a few hours before the shoot to remind them of the appointment.
- Ask them to tidy, wipe down counters and mirrors, close toilet seats, and hide pet items and trash cans.
- Eliminate distractions so the photographer or videographer can focus on creating great visuals.
- Make sure your pro has a clear path to walk through the house, and stay out of the way during shooting. (Waiting on another floor or at the opposite end of the house is ideal.)